New Inground Liner. Best Brand? Plastimayd?

Aug 17, 2014
McCalla Alabama
Hello :cool:

Thanks for looking at my thread.
I need a new liner.
I have no experience with this so I am getting a couple quotes.
First company suggested Plastimayd as there liner they will install.
Is this a good brand?
Other suggestions?
There quote is 3100
Is this resaonable?
30000 gallon and measures about 16 x 36. Stairs at one end.

Thanks for any feedback!!

I have a Latham liner that I inherited in a foreclosure that I've confirmed is 15 years old.
It survived an extreme black water "slam" and riddiculous staining...but cleaned up well and still looks pretty good unless you know where to look under water...and still doesn't leak ;)

Based on longevity and appearance despite adverse conditions, I'm pretty comfortable also recommending this brand :)

Latham is a good one. I like the 'seamless' technology they have.

Vynall is a a good one too and that;s what I have.

According to the Plasti website, they are the ones who recently aquired Vynall. Since thats the case, I would recommend them.

As a FYI, many Pool stores and PBs do not like to install liners for which they are not dealers. Dealers get a better price break so they make more money.

As for the price... 3100 doesn't seem out of line at all. However a lot of that depends on the liner thickness specs. 20mil vs, 25, vs 27 vs some variation, such as 27/20 which means 27 mil sides and 20 mil bottom....

the thicker the liner, the more it costs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.