Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Inground Liner. Best Brand? Plastimayd?

1. Back To Top    #1
    McCalla Alabama

Question New Inground Liner. Best Brand? Plastimayd?

Thanks for looking at my thread.
    I need a new liner.
    I have no experience with this so I am getting a couple quotes.
    First company suggested Plastimayd as there liner they will install.
    Is this a good brand?
    Other suggestions?
    There quote is 3100
    Is this resaonable?
    30000 gallon and measures about 16 x 36. Stairs at one end.

Thanks for any feedback!!
    30,000 gallons / AG / Vinyl / Sand Filter / Hayward Pump / One Speed / Bout 5 years old

2. Back To Top    #2
    Export, PA

Re: New Inground Liner. Best Brand? Plastimayd?

I've used Latham brand because of their Ultra-Seam technology. Google it or search my posts. Not sure on a price though.
    Lagoon shape, 23,600 Gal, steel walls by International Swimming Pools, "ultra-seam" liner by Latham, Pentair 011018 IntelliFlo 3HP Variable Speed Pump, PentAir CCP420 filter, Heat Siphon Z575HP, PentAir IC40 SWG, 2 LED Lights (Pentair Intellibrite 5G, 110V). 4 x 1.5’’return lines, 2 x 2’’skimmer lines, 1.5’’ waterfall line. All plumbing is "TigerFlex" pipe, all lines plumbed individually. Deck: travertine glued over concrete.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Grand Rapids, MI

I have a Latham liner that I inherited in a foreclosure that I've confirmed is 15 years old.
    It survived an extreme black water "slam" and riddiculous staining...but cleaned up well and still looks pretty good unless you know where to look under water...and still doesn't leak

Based on longevity and appearance despite adverse conditions, I'm pretty comfortable also recommending this brand
    In ground extended Grecian, 22,000 gal, Hayward 220t sand filter, vinyl liner, dolphin m4 supreme.
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!
    Helpful Links:
    GET A TEST KIT Chlorine/CYA Chart How to SLAM About Metals & Stains

4. Back To Top    #4
    Longview, Texas

Latham is a good one. I like the 'seamless' technology they have.

Vynall is a a good one too and that;s what I have.

According to the Plasti website, they are the ones who recently aquired Vynall. Since thats the case, I would recommend them.

As a FYI, many Pool stores and PBs do not like to install liners for which they are not dealers. Dealers get a better price break so they make more money.

As for the price... 3100 doesn't seem out of line at all. However a lot of that depends on the liner thickness specs. 20mil vs, 25, vs 27 vs some variation, such as 27/20 which means 27 mil sides and 20 mil bottom....

the thicker the liner, the more it costs.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!