Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Concrete Pad for Intex Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Concrete Pad for Intex Pool

My wife and I are trying to decide what we want to do with our 22x13 pool area. Being that we are in the Pacific Northwest the pool will come down in the fall and back up in the spring and so we want an area that is usable when the pool is not up. We thought about a paver patio or a concrete patio. Any pros or cons on either we are leaning the concrete pad it's cheaper for us as we have a friend that does concrete work.

Thank you

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Concrete Pad for Intex Pool

The paver patio will shift in time, but can always be taken apart and leveled again. But the concrete, done right, will last a lifetime. However if it does shift, your not able to level it again. Need to tear it up and redo.

If your going to do concrete, I would suggest at least 5" thick, no less, and with rebar of course.
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.

3. Back To Top    #3

Typically a patio has a slight slope to it, so that water drains off. But if it is to be the base for your pool, you would need it to be perfectly level. Drainage would need to be addressed in some way.
    27k gallon 33' round, partially buried 22" Sandman sand filter, 1.5hp 2 speed TidalWave pump, Pentair 'Lil Shark with leaf canister, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you. Would it matter if the concrete was aggregate finish or broom finished? Probably wouldn't matter because I will have some sort of padding between concrete and pool liner.

Thanks

5. Back To Top    #5

Well the pad was poured yesterday just a waiting game so we can start putting together the pool. Picking up the 1" Insulation sheets tomorrow for pool floor

I'm sure I will be back with more questions.

Thanks