Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I found a reasonably priced Polaris 360 for sale, and I'm looking to replace my vacuum cleaner.
I have a 1HP pump with 3 return lines. The filter gage runs around 12 psi.

From what I understand, 1 of the returns will get a quick connect to install the cleaner. The other 2 returns will likely need pressure regulators or plugs installed.
I expect to clean the pool once or twice a week. Are the pressure regulators or plugs necessary to get the correct pressure, intended to be left in when the cleaner is not working? Will this significantly reduce the water circulation? or skimmer effectiveness?
Thanks

I believe these are designed to be run with a dedicated booster pump. Personally, I wouldn't want to go this route running one. You will reduce circulation elsewhere, and I'm not sure what to tell you about how much if will affect your pool pump, or how well it will perform being set up like this. Overall, I would say not too well, and certainly not ideally. I would consider a Robot instead.

The 360 is the only one that does not require a boost pump, it runs off of the main pump. I have one running with my 2 HP pump on a dedicated return line and wall fitting. I don't think there is a specified pressure that is needed, but it does require an adequate flow rate to run effectively.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.