Just received my TF-100 here are the results.

FC = 3
CC = 0
TC = 3
TA = 150
CYA = 40
PH = 7.8

Basic test kit showed TC at 2-4 which agrees with the other test.

This is my first time using this kit. Unfortunately I've already spent a small fortune at the pool store and used about half of the supplies. I decided to go with TFP so I could learn how to decide on what I really need and save some money at the same time.

My results look to be pretty good. I was surprised anyway. Where should I go from here?

Thanks.

Where should I go from here?
If your water looks as nice as those numbers look, about the only place to go is swimming.

In your climate, you can consider running CYA a little higher....maybe 50 or so and then you'll have to adjust your FC up a little according to the FC/CYA chart. No big deal either way......you have really good numbers.

If your water looks as nice as those numbers look, about the only place to go is swimming.

In your climate, you can consider running CYA a little higher....maybe 50 or so and then you'll have to adjust your FC up a little according to the FC/CYA chart. No big deal either way......you have really good numbers.

Thanks! Good to hear I actually did something right. I lurked around on here for the past week trying to learn something. I took your advise, went swimming with my boy. It was sunny 80 degrees, water was a little cold, but we had fun.

Welcome to the forum, good to have you aboard! Those look pretty good! :goodjob:

Watch the pH and keep it there or little below.

I would target 5 FC with a Cya 40, just to stay on the safe side.

Thanks i'll work on that.

Hi Pooljet,
it isnt often that new folks have good numbers like you do.

Did you just get lucky or do you know the FC/CYA chart?
And the recommended levels?
And how to use Pool Math?

Didn't know much of anything. Bought our home late last year, pool is 10 yrs old, decided to work on the pool early which looked like a pond. Never had a pool before. Studied pool math as soon as I joined. The pool store helped some, confused me more than anything. I made small adjustments each time, then when everything tested good using test strips I added stabilizer. Shortly after I ordered the TF-100, I did the first test earlier today and came back with those numbers. We could say I got lucky. Hopefully it stays that way. I do plan to stay on top of it.

By-the-way, the TF-100 is the best $68 I've ever spent. Looks intimidating at first, but once you get started, it's a breeze.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.