fresh off SLAM test results/input

Apr 29, 2015
Sarasota, FL
passed my OCLT last night, so wanted to do a full run of numbers for input. waiting for FC to drop

FC: 26.5
CC: 0.0
PH: didnt take it due to high FC
CH: 700
TA: 120
CYA: 70
Salt: 3100ppm

assuming i get my ph to 7.5, pool math says my CSI is 0.26 which is below the 0.60 number\

i think overall pretty good, need to get my CYA up slightly. CH is a bit high, but i dont think its an issue since the CSI is below 0.6, agree?

pool info below in signature

I think I would probably leave CYA alone. It will likely drop to 60 over the next month or so and then I would bring it to 80......no harm either way, tho.

I'm sure you know your CH is a little high. When your FC comes down and you start to test pH, I would keep it (pH) in the lower 7'6 if it will stay there for you. Allowing (or doing on purpose) your TA to drop down may assist that lower pH. The whole idea in this paragraph is to keep a slightly lower TA and pH to offset your higher CH........that'll prevent any scaling.

Nice job on managing your pool water.....you're off and running!!

well the pool was never in bad shape, just slightly cloudy, no green. just couldn't get my SWCG to keep up and get FC in correct levels so i slammed it. it is quite a bit clearer though, even the wife says the pool has never been this clear. we've only been in the house a few months.

That's the TFP way man...crystal clear. :goodjob:

Congratulations..:cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.