Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pictures of Crusher Rock Compacted Please??

1. Back To Top    #1

Pictures of Crusher Rock Compacted Please??

I tried searching, but maybe I wasn't using the right key words.

I'm trying to find photos of the compacted crusher rock used as a base for pools.

We are thinking of using this as our base for an intex style pool, and possibly extending it out to make a patio area.

Once compacted, could you put chairs on this material without the legs sinking in?

Thank you thank you thank you for the help!!
    NEW POOL : 9 x 18, 48" deep - Bestway brand, 1 HP Intex 3200 Pump/Sand Filter Combo, Wanda the Whale, Hayward through wall skimmer (still in box)
    OLD POOL 5,100 Gallons, 9 x 19 used Splash a Round, Intex SWG, 1.5 HP Hayward Power Flow LX pump, Pentair Clean and Clear 150 sq. ft. filter, hard plumbed, Wanda the Whale,

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Pictures of Crusher Rock Compacted Please??

In NC, crusher rock is called "crusher run" or "crush and run". It has too many big rocks in it to make a good base for a pool.

Take a look at "screenings". It' cheap and a very good pool base. Still can't use if for a patio, though.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Dave,

limestone screenings? That is the only one I am seeing sold in my area. In the Polygroup vs Intex thread, he used "3/4 crusher run with fines". It looks similar, but this is not the recommended material?

Maybe I should just pour concrete
    NEW POOL : 9 x 18, 48" deep - Bestway brand, 1 HP Intex 3200 Pump/Sand Filter Combo, Wanda the Whale, Hayward through wall skimmer (still in box)
    OLD POOL 5,100 Gallons, 9 x 19 used Splash a Round, Intex SWG, 1.5 HP Hayward Power Flow LX pump, Pentair Clean and Clear 150 sq. ft. filter, hard plumbed, Wanda the Whale,

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

We use limestone screenings under paver stone patios and once we compact it, it is as hard as concrete. The screenings we use are basically a large grained sand up to a small gravel (<1/4"). A base of limestone crusher run with a 2" layer of screenings should work fine
    Unknown make 18' above ground (bought used in 1999) Sparco sand filter. Hayward 100,000 BTu heater. 2 speed pump

5. Back To Top    #5

It is called various things from lime stone dust, screenings and crusher. Depends on where you are located. Kinda like pop n soda.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

I don't have an AGP, but under my fiberglass pool they lined the pool bed and filled around it with crush and run. If you look at the link in my siggy line you should see a picture of it. I hope it helps you in some way?
    l
    Skippy used some extra here and there around the yard and pool equipment pad and I *HATE* walking on it. Please think twice about putting chairs on it.

Yippee
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

7. Back To Top    #7

Yippee,

Thanks for sharing! That pool looks incredible! I think I am going to get a few quotes for concrete. Seems to be the best way to ensure no gopher tunnels, and provide a seating space.