Why no CC when testing my green pool

VinceL

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 28, 2012
Newton, NC
My fiberglass pool had some stains when we opened it. I tested the water for CC to determine if it was organic or metal. With a CC of 0, I figured it was metal. I used Stain Free and the next day nearly all the staining was gone. I kept my water balanced for the next week or so, and then the staining returned. Again, I got 0 CC so I figured the metal was back. Well, before I could get some Stain Free, the pool started getting greener and greener. All my testing indicated 0 CC. I applied the Stain Free, and it did virtually nothing. So, despite my test results, I must have algae.

I have started the SLAM process. But, I don't understand why I did not get any CC level. I do get FC levels and have compared its results to the test included in the Basic Taylor kit. I use the TF-100 Testkit. I replenished my R-871, R-870 and R-0003 reagents last summer. Why doesn't the algae cause me to have a CC level?:confused:

I am happy to report that after 8 days of slamming, our pool and spa are blue and the water is clear. We bought almost every bottle of 8.25% bleach at our local Aldi's.

I kept the FC at 18-19 and after 2 days, the water finally started to show some improvement. Today was the final step....cleaning the filter cartridges....YUCK, what a disgusting mess. I also pulled the covers off of all the pool lights to get those nasty little green bits out of them.

I'm going to keep the FC a bit higher than normal for awhile just to be sure. I do not want to have to go through this again.

The good news is that it has been sunny and warm. The pool is up to 80°.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.