Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Timer Override?

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Timer Override?

Hi to all;

I have a T-104R Intermatic timer that I use to control the pump and heater. it works fine except when I use the override switch.
    Example: After the pump turns on in the morning and run several hours and shuts off normally I turn it back on using the override switch. After an hour say, I turn the pump off with the override switch. I assume it should just go back into the normal cycle and turn on at the next preset on time. It does not turn on at the next preset on time. What am I missing?

Thank for any help!!

Gary R.
    18 X 32 Oval Inground Gunite Pool 20,000 Gallons Epoxy Painted in 2012
    Tagelus Sand Filter TA 60 D/TA 60-Hayward Super Pumps 1 H.P.
    Ray-Pac Heater 266,000 BTU, KLeen Machine Pool Cleaner
    Solar Cover-Rocky's Pool Cover Reel-Intermatic T104R Timer
    TF-100 Test Kit-PoolSkim Skimmer

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Timer Override?

I have no idea, that should work.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Timer Override?

Yeah, no idea here either. I do that all the time on my cleaner pump. Sounds pretty annoying. The only thing I can think of is that the dog or the lever might be slightly bent. Just enough to work sometimes or get knocked out of alignment when switching manually.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach