SALT... too high... too low...?

melbajr

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 10, 2013
Florence, SC
:confused: help, i opened my pool and after the slam everything was going well. then a few days ago my swg red light said that my salt level is low. I was surprised to see that so i tested my salt levels (aqua check strips) and my salt was around 3200 ppm which is a little lower than ideal so I added the recommended salt and today my swg red light is still on but when i tested again it showed 3790 ppm! what am i missing? yesterday's test results:
FC=2
cc=0
pH=7.5
ta=80
ch=75
cya=80

Any thoughts as to what my next step should be? i checked my cell in the fall when closing the pool and it was clean as a whistle. should i check it again?

Or longer if the pump isn't running or you don't brush to mix it in. And test strip accuracy is +/- 400 or 500. If the SWG is happy everyone is happy.

Or longer if the pump isn't running or you don't brush to mix it in. And test strip accuracy is +/- 400 or 500. If the SWG is happy everyone is happy.

I've always believed that but my numbers have never been so far off before!

pump is running and i brushed, too.

i hit the SWG boost for 24 hr on 100% run and have it set at 60%. my pump is running 24/7 since opening because my digital display is not readable (gotta do something about that too)

i agree about fc which is why i did the 24 hr boost on swg. in the past it usually did the trick.

i am out of town, left yesterday and back tomorrow. i'll recheck my numbers when i get home and post again. i'll check the cell too! thanks for your help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.