Support pads

Jul 22, 2014
Oakbank, Canada
Anyone worry about the support pads rubbing through their liner? I see lots of photo's on the site that show the support pad visible and above the ground level. Some are flush to the ground, but there are lots that are not.

Anyone have their foam compress with the pool weight? I am putting support pads around mine with 2" thick foam, ground dug so the foam will flush to the tops of the pads. But I am worrying that the pad will be above the pool over time if the foam compresses, and rub against the liner.

I am building a new pool right now and yes it has worried me a little since I am going to leave this one up year round. I am still leveling ... I can only do a little bit per week with work and coaching 2 baseball teams and helping my youngest on his first baseball team... Once I am leveled I am going to use the insulation sheets and then dig out the dirt so that the pavers will be the same height as the insulation sheets so that there will be no issue with the pavers rubbing up against the liner

I can't understand why everyone uses pavers anyway. Wood is a much better choice. The pavers are more susceptible to cracking and splitting and if they rub against the pool they are like sandpaper. The only benefit to the paver is that it will not rot, but a piece of pressure treated wood and probably even plain wood will most likely out last the pool times two.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.