I opened my pool today and it looks terrible. First off I am guessing that the tarp that used as a winter cover leaks so the on top of water got into the pool some. I have a lot of trees so the water on top was brown as well as the water in the pool I have the hose filling it up and got the pump going as soon as I could off the bottom drain. The water smells terrible and is full of bugs including water spiders, I poured in 6 gallons of 12.5% and now that I look at pool math it appears this was way too much. Will this harm anything or will all the organics in the pool eat the chlorine fast enough? We bought the house last summer and this is my first time opening the pool. I wanted to get the bleach in asap so I can try and keep it up there this weekend as much as possible.