Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Should I upgrade my pool vacuum?

1. Back To Top    #1

Should I upgrade my pool vacuum?

I have the manual vacuum that came with the pool and connects to the intake valve that goes to the filter. So far it works fine......it just requires my time to connect it and get it in the pool and vacuum. I find this relatively relaxing and appeasing to my OCD

However, I am considering getting something that moves around on its own (not powered though) and am looking for suggestions, recommendations, warnings, etc.

Thanks in advance to any responders!
    22'x52" 10,472 gallon AG Intex Ultra Frame pool on a sand base, Intex Sand Filter 3000GPH Pump, Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System, Pool Devil Pro Skimmer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Should I upgrade my pool vacuum?

I liked my Kreepy Krause Lil Shark. Only one moving part so no worries about breaking. Worked great.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Should I upgrade my pool vacuum?

Quote Originally Posted by f3justusc View Post
    I liked my Kreepy Krause Lil Shark. Only one moving part so no worries about breaking. Worked great.
    I bought a Lil Shark 2 years ago for $125 on Amazon. Now the price is $161. It seems that it has been discontinued. Mine works great. I leave it connected full time with it sharing suction with the skimmer and my pool water currently is almost spotless with 3 hours run time. 15x30 AGP.

The new version actually looks like a shark and costs $133. My guess is that it functions the same as the old version.