TA test turned yellow.

Vince-1961

Jul 1, 2014
St. Simons Island, GA
Was testing water earlier this morning. TA test went from green to yellow after 11 drops. Supposed to turn red. Any ideas what that means?

Am slamming, so FC 31, CYA should have been around 75-80 but tested out really low at 40-50. Suspect invalid test and will re-do at sundown. pH was high at 8.0 or higher. Added some acid and will re-test at sundown.

That is a side effect of your FC level being so high. The test still works just count the yellow as if it was red.

Don't believe the PH test when FC is that high. PH will read high regardless of what it actually is when FC is that high.

You mentioned doing the CYA test again at sundown. Technically that test should be done on a sunny day with the sun behind you so your body is shading the tube while holding it at waist level.

A test later in the evening, at night, or indoors would be inaccurate. (Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure I'm right on this one...)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.