Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Robots

1. Back To Top    #1

FAQ for robots doesn't speak to these questions:

1. You put the robot in the pool when use needed? What do you do when you are out of town?

2. Waterproof cord is long enough for all pools?

Please forgive me if I need to read more about this before asking such basic of questions.
    But the Legend is crapping out and need a new pressure side cleaner (my luck I do, and then my 9 yr old booster pump will croak) and maybe it is time to see about a Mr. Roboto...

Thanks As Always!

23,000 gal in-ground, Aquarite salt sys, Intellitouch i7 +3, Hayward cartridge filter (4) C-5025, Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner, 3/4 HP booster pump, Hydrazzo plaster.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Robots

1) As needed. No robot while away.

2) Just about, they are quite long.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Longview, Texas

Re: Robots

The cords are typically 50-60 ft long.
    Ive left my robot in the pool for a week or so, but generally I take it out sometime during the day that I used it.

Unless you get a fancy one that has a timer, then it wont clean while you're out of town anyway, so no use in leaving it in the water. And even if you do get a fancy one, the timer has to be re-set each week. It doesnt endlessly repeat. (at least thats the case with Dolphins,.. not sure about other makes).
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!