Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris P39

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris P39

Hi,

I will retire my Legend after 9 years. Despite having it serviced and having good booster pump power, it spends too much time (all some days) in its favorite pool corner!

The P39 with its stainless steel chain? A search here yields nothing. Is this a product name made for Leslie Pools only?

Bob
    Thanks As Always!
    Bob

23,000 gal in-ground, Aquarite salt sys, Intellitouch i7 +3, Hayward cartridge filter (4) C-5025, Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner, 3/4 HP booster pump, Hydrazzo plaster.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Polaris P39

That is a unique model for Leslie's only. It is very similar to the 3900.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Polaris P39

Right, so I just got done searching 3900 on TFP and the 280 still keeps coming up hands down. But the posts are a little older. Now looking for "Polaris changed the 280 design" to make sure no hiccups with this choice.
    The plastic wheel with the teeth seems like such a wear item though!
    Stainless steel chain drive of p39/3900 not what it is cracked up to be?

Bob

- - - Updated - - -

Oh my! I just saw I am a senior member!
    Well now, that may misrepresent the size of my knowledge base!
    Thanks As Always!
    Bob

23,000 gal in-ground, Aquarite salt sys, Intellitouch i7 +3, Hayward cartridge filter (4) C-5025, Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner, 3/4 HP booster pump, Hydrazzo plaster.