AGP Install - Bottom higher than wall track?

May 14, 2008
IL
I am in the process of switching out from a 48 Inch to 54 inch pool. It actually was a mistake that I bought the 54 inch walls, but it was a closeout last year so I'm stuck with it. The tricky part with this pool is that sits level with a 48 inch deck, so I need to dig down to make the 54inch walls level with the deck. I've already torn down the old pool and have dug a 6 inch trench with pavers set 2 inches below that. I dug out about 2-3 inches from the middle section of the pool, but to be honest it is killing me.

I'm wondering if it will hurt the integrity of the pool if I set the post so they're level with my deck, and then only dug about 3 inches from the middle section would leave me with 3 inches of dirt, an inch of sand, a gorilla pad and side cove which would bring the bottom of the pool up to about 50 inches. So basically it would look something like this:

| |
|50 inches of Water |
| |
| |
|------------------- |
|inch of sand and gorilla pad |
|------------------- |
|3 inches of dirt |
|----------------------------------| --- Posts on blocks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.