Does anyone know the sand gap dimension on a Hayward sand filter model S244T?

egadds

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 16, 2014
louisville,ky
Hello,
I am going to clean my sand tomorrow while I add some unions in my supply lines. It was hard piped in originally. Anyway, I can't find anywhere what dimension I should use from the top of my sand to the filter body opening. The only info I can find is it holds 300#'s of sand. Does anyone know that dimension so I know if I need to add sand?
Thx

I just installed one of those two weeks ago but didn't think to measure the distance. I remember thinking I could have gotten at least another 50# bag in there. I'm guessing between 8-10 inches from the top. Jblizzle's info sounds like a safe bet.

Ok got my sand clean and union installed. Cover off,debris removed and automatic cleaner doing it's magic.
My test #'s FC:1 CC:1 CH:300 TA:50 PH:7.2
CYA...well I filled the tube all the way and can still see the dot. So I'll call it 10.
My question do I bring up CYA and then add chlorine to bring that up. Does it matter?
Thx

Ok got my sand clean and union installed. Cover off,debris removed and automatic cleaner doing it's magic.
My test #'s FC:1 CC:1 CH:300 TA:50 PH:7.2
CYA...well I filled the tube all the way and can still see the dot. So I'll call it 10.
My question do I bring up CYA and then add chlorine to bring that up. Does it matter?
Thx
CYA takes a while to dissolve. Don't wait on the chlorine. You can do either one first, and you don't need to wait. One right after the other. Don't forget the sock method for the CYA. You don't want CYA granules in the filter in case you need to backwash before its all dissolved.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.