How many times has your pool been green?

How often do you have a green pool?

• Total voters
Never. And it never will go green as long as its my pool.

I got lucky and found TFP in the middle of building my pool quite a while before water ever went in.
No one but me has ever put 1 drop, ounce, or mililiter, or pound of anything in my pool.

Hmmm....I wasn't sure which answer to pick.

When I was using a mess cover I opened to a green pool a couple times (didn't open early enough in the season). Since switching to a solid cover I've never opened to a green pool, even opening as late as early June!

During the season I've never had a green pool. ;)

Green???????.....NEVER!!!!........now that ain't to say I haven't noticed just a touch tryin' to creep in and nuked it in 24 hours. But a couple of times, that was just lime pieces/parts!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I bought the house with a pool 18 months ago. I took over in the winter, water at about 50. CYA was 200+. The previous owner told me to maintain the pool float tabs and shock every week. There were no chemicals left and to be honest I think when the house was for sale he just tossed everything in the pool he had.

Having been in sales I knew the look in the eyes of the folks at the pool store when I went in and said I didn't know anything. Without testing the water they wanted me to buy $300+ worth of stuff and I thought there had to,be a better way. I originally found Ben Powell @ the pool forum but not long after wandered in here and felt at home.

So that's a long winded way to say the pool has never been green while I have owned it.

Green???????.....NEVER!!!!........now that ain't to say I haven't noticed just a touch tryin' to creep in and nuked it in 24 hours. But a couple of times, that was just lime pieces/parts!

I never spilled any green drinks in my pool ever!

- - - Updated - - -

I was going to add a 1+ year clause to the poll, but I decided not to.

I'm on 8 now and it has never been green.

Right on! 3 green free swim seasons here!

I had green at least once a season every season with the above ground. I have never gone green on the inground, knock on wood, and I found TFP this winter and shut down the stupid Frog that came with it. Luckily, it only ran one season.

I opened to green a couple of years since finding TFP because . . . I opened late (June) closed with the pool store advice (not smart) and in the past followed their advice way too many times mid season. :confused:
Once following TFP exclusively, this year, no green! I think I will follow TFP every year. :joker: :stirpot:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.