Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TFP testimonial

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP testimonial

Well I have been on the tfp method for many months and things are crystal clear and balanced. My daily cost is about .25 cents for chemicals versus $2.17 a day with the Frog. Plus my pool is cleaner than ever without shock, algaecide, or metal mineral packs. My cya is coming down slowly. After converting to a Borate pool my ph and Ta are staying smooth without the wild swings. Thank you everyone for all the advice.
    Inground 13,200 gal Vinyl, Pentair 3/4 hp pump, Pentair Sand Dollar filter, Polaris 280

Pool School, Pool Math, CYA to FC ratio chart, Testing Kits

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: TFP testimonial

Having your own test kit makes a difference, huh?

Now that you've got this chemistry thing figured, you can start answering questions.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

It makes an enormous difference
    Inground 13,200 gal Vinyl, Pentair 3/4 hp pump, Pentair Sand Dollar filter, Polaris 280

4. Back To Top    #4

Nice work!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Richard has the right idea, it's starting to get busy in here - jump in and answer questions......
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

6. Back To Top    #6

Will do

7. Back To Top    #7

25 cents a day?

1/12 of a gallon of bleach a day? My pool is twice your size and take 1/2 gallon of bleach a day, so about $1.50 per day for bleach.

How are you keeping you FC up for such a cheap price?
    25,000 IG plaster pool. DE Pentair 60 gallons. Hayward pump with Single speed AO Smith 2.4 hp motor. Pool installed probably 20 yrs ago. Taylor water tesing kit.

8. Back To Top    #8

Good for you. It's so much easier and looks better!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

9. Back To Top    #9

We've been using the TFP method for a few years now and we couldn't be happier. We just opened our pool on Friday (5/8), and by the next day, the water was clear. It used to take days for the water to clear up after opening. Today's FC level was good, 0 CC and if tonight's chlorine loss test passes, I'll stop slamming tomorrow.

This really is the only way to maintain a pool.
    20,000 gal. free-form plaster on concrete
    Triton DE filter, 1.5HP pump
    Aquabot Elite pool cleaner

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by j_m_min View Post
    25 cents a day?

1/12 of a gallon of bleach a day? My pool is twice your size and take 1/2 gallon of bleach a day, so about $1.50 per day for bleach.

How are you keeping you FC up for such a cheap price?
    I get bleach at Food Lion $2.50 a gallon. My current usage is 10 to 12 ounces a day.

11. Back To Top    #11

Knowledge is power. Power to take control of your pool and not blindly hope it will be ok. I love hearing this from people. Excellent!!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

12. Back To Top    #12

Hey, flipflop swiped my user name before I even got here! I like a flipflop.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

13. Back To Top    #13

Three years ago I was in tears and ready to fill in my in ground pool with cement-TFP walked me through the whole process of clearing up my "difficult pool" (that's the term the pool stored used ). I had added so many chemicals that my CYA was off the charts-the pool store never even mentioned checking that level-just kept selling me more chemicals-I was leaving the store many days with $200 of chemicals, all while my pool got cloudier. Today I opened up my pool after a loooong Chicago winter and my pool is crystal clear. My levels are near perfect- if it ever warms up here, we're all set! If any one wonders if TCF is worth the time it takes to educate yourself and try the method, my advise is not to waste another minute. When I first started reading this forum I thought I'd never get it right-but it's very easy!
    THANKS TFP!!
    '
    Kris
    In ground 26,000 gal. 16x36 Avg depth-6'
    Vinyl
    sand filter used 24/7
    auto cover
    Elgin/Illinois

14. Back To Top    #14

When I finally got a house with a pool, this was the first place I came to even before the paper work was signed.

And I had a TF-100 kit delivered to work 2 weeks before I moved in.

There were tabs in the skimmer, dangerously low ph (unswimmable eye burn levels) and high CH and 300+ CYA.

The previous owner "showed" me how to backwash without bothering to rinse and when I asked about
    the sand shooting in from the returns he said that was normal. haha.

keeping the pool nice and blue (avatar pic is from first swim last saturday) from day one thanks to the forum.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.