Recommendation for deck stain/sealer

oasis1

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Hi everyone,

We are in the process of restaining/resealing our wood deck. We had Deckscapes previously (I would NOT recommend) It was peeling by the end of the season, so the store we got it from told us that shouldn't be like that. So the following Spring we had it redone (for free) Same thing happened. So now I need some help with picking out product that will actually work. FYI our deck is in direct sunlight all day.

Thanks

I've used Defy clear wood stain in the past and it held up well. Two years after staining the deck, I had reconfigured the deck when we built the pool. I pulled off the 1x1 railing balusters and there was no difference in color between the exposed parts and the sections blocked from the sun. Now after many more years, the 1" sections that were covered by the railings and never got stained are discolored. Unfortunately, I was too lazy to stain the new deck ;(

I had also stained my Egg table and it too held up well. No peeling or chipping.

http://www.defywoodstain.com

I used Ready Seal in pecan and the mahagony color.super easy stuff to use pump up garden sprayer and go to town. It will look horrible while spraying but it evens out perfectly. It was simple enough that my 10 year old helped me out. Recoating is just as easy. Last about 2 years

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.