New Build in Corinth TX

Jun 15, 2014
Corinth/TX
After 4 quotes from pool builders, and one that we had a REALLY bad
experience with (even the owner was a jerk), we finally picked a
local, high quality, reputable pool builder and are ready to go. Down
Payment has been made, we have HOA approval, now waiting on final plans and then city permit.

Open to any comments. Building a Pool, Spa, Outdoor kitchen, and arbor.

POOL:
20 X 28 ft linear pool
113 ft perimeter
544 sf water line
3.5" - 5" - 8.5" depth but no diving board
24,276 gallons
Jandy E Variable Speed 2.0 HP pump
Jandy Cartridge Filter 580 sf
2 Jandy 500W pool lights
Sanitizer - Chlorinator - Rainbow Inline
Sanitizer - Nature II Express 25,000 Gallons w/Cartridge
Sanitizer - Ozone Dell ECI - 25,000
Cleaner - Polaris 3900 Sport
Retaining wall on back of pool with columns, and an Eyebrow with bench
Stone Scupper on middle column
2 automated fire/water bowl - Copper 29" Corinthian
Tanning Ledge with gushers
2 umbrella sleeves

SPA:
6.5 X 8 spa
29 ft perimeter
raised 18"
3.5 ft deep
29 ft perimeter
1,365 gallons
Jandy Waterfeature pump 080 gpm
Heater - Jandy JXI 400 Natural Gas
Polaris Blower - 2.0HP QT
Jandy 100W light
Rolled glass tile (softer on the back)
3 spa scuppers

COLOR CHOICES:
Pebble sheen Blue Granite
Oklahoma Flagstone Masonry & coping
National Pool Tile - Trident Turquoise
Noble Glass Tile Renoir Troyes Mottled Blue
Laticrete Platinum 42 grout
Decking - One color concrete heavy stone Mastic New Tan unsealed

ARBOR:
10.5 X 14
145 sf
with electrical, 4 lights, and a switch
Waypoint Espresso Wet Fan

OUTDOOR KITCHEN:
9 ft long
Leuders Buff top
Chopped Milsap Buff Mortar
AOG Grill 36" with Rotis Burner
Fire Magic Refrigerator
PCM 36"X19" Double Door
4 additional outlets (future TV, plug for boat, margarita machine, etc)

Chemical injection for both pool and deck area. We do live in Texas
where our soil is notoriously bad.

We are laying our own sod and handling the redo of the sprinkler system.

Wanted a fireplace but costs were getting too high. We will add that later.

Not too late to make changes and I have learned a ton from everyone on here so thank you in advance. We are getting excited!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats and hello fellow Corinthian! I am looking forward to your build. We are going on our 2nd season with our pool. We didn't do the soil injection thing. We have a salt pool and it has been soo easy to maintain its ridiculous.

Hello! I was hesitant on the soil injection but my sister has a pool that they have spent tens of thousands of dollars fixing on due to ground settling. Figured I would try to prevent future issues now. Can't wait to get started but heard the City of Corinth takes forever to issue permits. Did you have delays because of our city?

Welcome to Pool Building!! Wow, you've got your ducks all in a row! I'm impressed with your details and how you've already made your selections. We have Gunite, and I just now have my materials chosen. You'll enjoy the build much more without dividing your attentions with tile/stone shopping.

I'll leave comments on the specs to the experts! Please post pictures of the design and certainly many photos of the progress!! I can't wait to see your pool build. Thanks for sharing, Texas neighbor!! Take care! Suz.

Yes. The inspector was difficult on occasion. Ours was built in the fall/winter months. Sometimes he wouldn't get out of his truck to look at anything because it was muddy. All sod has to be down before he will give you the final inspection. Then you can fill up the pool.

Thanks Suz. I am fast on decisions. Lots of research prior reading on here for the last year has helped too. Once I figure out how to post pics, I will. Family calls me Polly Polaroid so look out.
737mech - not looking forward to the city. I am a regularly vocal citizen at city hall and that might bite me in the butt here.

Let the pool builder deal with the city. Glade to hear you are active in our local government. I only spoke to the inspector once during our build...I just happened to be home when he was there.

Congrats! Looks good! Blue granite pebble sheen is nice, it was our initial choice until we decided to do black.

Delete these items
Sanitizer - Chlorinator - Rainbow Inline
Sanitizer - Nature II Express 25,000 Gallons w/Cartridge
Sanitizer - Ozone Dell ECI - 25,000

I like to have some benches (swimouts) around the pool to sit an sip and for kids to play on and rest in deeper water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Do you have layout drawing of the pool. The 8.5' depth at only 28' in length seems like you may have a very aggressive slope. I've been told my local PBs you want to reserve approx 20' to transition an 8' deep pool to 5'. That would leave very little shallow area.

bdf46dd0f7d42c3aefe80e03236789fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.