Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Too much water over the winter...

1. Back To Top    #1

Northville, Mi

Too much water over the winter...

About to open the pool myself for the first time and checked under the cover. The water is actually up about to where we would normally swim at. So I'm really worried because it got pretty darned cold here this winter (southeast Michigan).

I had a company close for me and they pumped it down below the returns but apparently not far enough. I do know they put antifreeze in and stuff, but the water concerns me. The question is - do you guys think I actually should be concerned?

What I'm thinking is I open it and if **** starts leaking, etc, I call them and pitch a fit and say they didn't drain it enough on closing (I'll take a picture as I'm taking the cover off).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    15,400 gal, 16x32 vinyl rectangle (sport dig), Intelliflo VS, 240 sqft cartridge filter, Intellichlor IC40, Mastertemp 250, Dolphin supreme M4 cleaning, Pentair EasyTouch4

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Too much water over the winter...

If the closing was done properly you should still be fine, even ending up with the pool full. My default assumption is that they did it correctly, but you won't really know until you have it opened and running.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School