Air in filter?

Trick

Silver Supporter
Apr 21, 2015
Waterford, MI
Hi guys,

New pool guy here and glad to be part of the site.

I have a couple questions regarding my filter/pump setup. 1st question, my return hose seems to leak at the house clamp, its a small drip, I tightened the hose clamp but still seems to drip. Any tips to fix this?

2nd question is, every couple days or 2 I crack open the air release on the top of my filter and air comes out. I must be sucking in air someplace. Maybe I need to do the same fix on my intake hose? Any way to find a leak on the intake side of the pump?

My stats should be in the signature and if there is any additional info you think I should add please let me know.

Thanks!

About the hose clamp leak, sometimes all it takes is to loosen the clamp, rotate it on the hose a little bit (like a quarter way around) and then tighten. Sometimes clamps aren't round (maybe someone stepped on it before it was used) and it helps to take it off and gently bend the band in some strategic places to make it as nearly perfectly circular as you can. That will ensure the tightening forces are applied equally around the hose. You may also need to remove the hose from the fitting and reposition it or cut it shorter so it has some fresh new surfaces to seal on. Something should work. Good luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.