Cloudy water worse after adding chlorine

You have something strange going on, if it were me I would go ahead and raise the FC to SLAM level for 48 hours or so (72 would be better) and see if there is any improvement in how long your filters last before needing to be cleaned. I would not expect it to be solved within 48 hours, but that should be long enough to see if there is a trend of the filter lasting longer between required cleaning. Also check hidden nooks, light niches, under steps, etc. for algae growing (and scrub), sometimes algae hides in such places as they have poor water circulation which can make it hard to kill, and also somewhat hard to detect.

You have something strange going on, if it were me I would go ahead and raise the FC to SLAM level for 48 hours or so (72 would be better) and see if there is any improvement in how long your filters last before needing to be cleaned. I would not expect it to be solved within 48 hours, but that should be long enough to see if there is a trend of the filter lasting longer between required cleaning. Also check hidden nooks, light niches, under steps, etc. for algae growing (and scrub), sometimes algae hides in such places as they have poor water circulation which can make it hard to kill, and also somewhat hard to detect.

I'm going to proceed with slam levels for a couple days and see what happens. Water is still clear today. It's a round AGp with no fixtires and the ladder has not been put in yet so there is really no place for algae to hide right now. Fingers crossed this works though. I can't keep cleaning filters daily

I've maintained slam levels for 3 days. Pool is beautifully clear and no chlorine lost over night. However the filters still reach full psi in a matter of hours to 1 day at most. Am I not getting them clean enough? Do they need to be replaced? Should j consider trying the same filter?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.