Sand Filter spewing water

h2ctpdjl

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 12, 2008
Indiana
Just attempted to start up my pool equipment and when I set it to Filter, water spewed out from under the Flange Clamp at the top. Can someone help me with this? I took the flange off and see nothing but where the top of the filter sits on the bottom/sand filter. I tried tightening the two screws to tighten the flange, but it did no good at stopping the water.

There should be a gasket or seal of some kind between the upper and lower sections. I would remove the flange and check that the seal gasket is intact, clean, and free of nicks or cuts. While you have it apart, it would also be good to lubricate it with a silicone based plumbers lubricant.

There should be a gasket or seal of some kind between the upper and lower sections. I would remove the flange and check that the seal gasket is intact, clean, and free of nicks or cuts. While you have it apart, it would also be good to lubricate it with a silicone based plumbers lubricant.

I thought the same thing, but there is no gasket that I can see. If it sits between the top and bottom sections, it must be very small, as it isn't visible. How in the world do I get them apart to get to the seal? Looking at the drawing in my owner's manual, it looks like there is a "Valve/Tank O ring". It doesn't give me instructions on how to replace it. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have done lots of things myself, but never disconnected pipes before.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.