Away From The Pool For 10 Days

Dec 18, 2013
I'll be away from home for 10 days in the near future and won't have anyone to manage the pool. I've been successfully using the TPFC method for almost 2 years, but will need to use the dreaded dichlor/trichlor pucks while I'm gone, so this is more of a question regarding product.

Many here have recommended bringing the FC up to shock level then running a floater, so that's my plan. My current CYA is more than 30 and less than 40 (I can't be anymore precise), so I figure I can weather the extra CYA.

I'm thinking with trichlor, I'll get a bit less CYA than if I use dichlor pukes... err pucks. Leslie's sells a 7lb bucket (Mighty Tabs) for $70 whereas Walmart sells a 10lb bucket for about $40. Both claim to be 99% Trichloro-s-triazinetrione. Considering I have no intention of using these things more than the week and a half that I'm gone, the cheaper the better, but is there anything to worry about regarding the Walmart product? No arsenic or lead or uranium 232 that the Walmart brand might add as a special ingredient?

I use the ones from Walmart when I leave for the weekend. I have not had any problems with them. They are good to have on hand for such times. Just keep them in a cool, dry place.

I just want to add that they are okay to use so long as you are aware of what they are adding to your pool just like you stated in your post. They are another tool in your tool box for the pool.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.