Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Slight bit of scaling

1. Back To Top    #1

Slight bit of scaling

Here are my numbers from 4/13 right after I joined TFP and got my TS100 test kit:

FC 15
    CC 0
    PH 8+
    CA 425
    TA 110
    Salt 3850

Here are my current numbers:

FC 5.5
    PH 7.5
    CH 375
    TA 90
    CYA 70

Right after I got my first readings, I gave the SWG a good acid bath and removed all the scale and turned down the setting from 40% to 15% currently. I'm still getting just a very small bit of scale flaking from the returns. Is this just the residual working it's way through or do I need to do some more tweaking?

As always, thanks for your input.
    B
    32 x 15 15500 gal. IG gunite, 6 ft. round attached spa, diamond brite 2 plaster, flagstone coping w/concrete spray deck, IntelliChlor IC-40 SWG, 2 hp Max-E-Pro pump, 450 sq.ft. System 3 cartridge filter, 400k Max-E-Therm NG heater, automation is IntelliTouch i7+3, Polaris 280 pressure side cleaner,
    TS 100, Borax

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Slight bit of scaling

I add scale free to my pool to keep scaling down. I am not sure if there is something else you can try.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

It's your pH getting above 8.0. Keep it lower, and it wouldn't hurt to start working the TA down some. You'll do better with a SWG having down in the 60-80 range.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_B View Post
    It's your pH getting above 8.0. Keep it lower, and it wouldn't hurt to start working the TA down some. You'll do better with a SWG having down in the 60-80 range.
    I think the pH being above 8 for a while before I got in in range got a ton of scale to build up and since I've been keeping it in range, it is much better.
    My TA bounces from 80 to 90 the last few readings so I'll keep working on it.
    Thanks much for the input.

B
    32 x 15 15500 gal. IG gunite, 6 ft. round attached spa, diamond brite 2 plaster, flagstone coping w/concrete spray deck, IntelliChlor IC-40 SWG, 2 hp Max-E-Pro pump, 450 sq.ft. System 3 cartridge filter, 400k Max-E-Therm NG heater, automation is IntelliTouch i7+3, Polaris 280 pressure side cleaner,
    TS 100, Borax

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_B View Post
    duplicate
    Last edited by bware; 05-02-2015 at 07:45 AM. Reason: duplicate posting

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Azgirl71 View Post
    I add scale free to my pool to keep scaling down. I am not sure if there is something else you can try.
    I've seen that, Azgirl, and may try it if the scaling stays stubborn.
    Thx
    TS 100, Borax