Just tested, looking for input, all help appreciated!

How are you getting your numbers? It seems like your CYA reading is different with every update. CYA shouldn't fluctuate like FC does. In some updates, you have a reading of 65, others you have a reading of 60 and yet others you are posting 50.

I would not test anything other than FC and CC with the FC level you have. The PH test is not reliable above FC of 10.

Okay. Will do. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

How are you getting your numbers? It seems like your CYA reading is different with every update. CYA shouldn't fluctuate like FC does. In some updates, you have a reading of 65, others you have a reading of 60 and yet others you are posting 50.

It's been 50 on the last couple. I'm 55, don't see as well as I once did, and I'm not sure if I still see that dot. I've opted toward being very sure I don't see it. Sometimes my 9 year old still sees it!

I've been keeping it at shock level for the last few days. It is getting clearer.
FC=16, but I just added about a jug of bleach (8.5%).
CC=0
Everyone says the other tests are inaccurate at this point. The last dose should take it back up to 20ppm.
Any advice on how long to keep these levels besides the SLAM guidelines?
Thanks,
muc

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Keep it up, it's worth it.

Thanks! I will.

- - - Updated - - -

Your getting closer. Keep it up!

Thanks! It's coming along. I just tested again, and had FC=19.5 ppm, which was .5 short of maintaining SLAM, so I gave it another half a jug! It looks clear, just a bit dark on the bottom. I keep brushing, and I see it move toward the drains, but can't seem to get that last bit of a dirty look out of the deep end. It is improving daily though.

You guys rock! Pool is clear, looking good. PH is at 7.2, and seems to be rising on its own.
FC=2.5. I'll add some bleach tonight.
CC=0
PH=7.2
TA=30
CYA=60

I know the alkalinity is low, but I'm trying to move slowly. Any advice?
Thanks,
Mike
First thing is to get bleach in the pool. With FC 2.5 it's going to drop in the sun today and you will end up near 0.

Baking Soda will bring the TA up without messing with your pH. Try getting it to about 60

First thing is to get bleach in the pool. With FC 2.5 it's going to drop in the sun today and you will end up near 0.

Baking Soda will bring the TA up without messing with your pH. Try getting it to about 60

Thanks,
Will do.
I've added a gallon of bleach. Pool math says to add 141oz. of baking soda to reach 60. That sounds like a lot to do at once. Should I do it incrementally, and if so, over what period?
Thanks y'all!
Mike

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks,
Will do.
I've added a gallon of bleach. Pool math says to add 141oz. of baking soda to reach 60. That sounds like a lot to do at once. Should I do it incrementally, and if so, over what period?
Thanks y'all!
Mike

- - - Updated - - -
You can do it in a couple of steps. Keep pump running for about an hour then test again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.