Better sweeper than Pool Shark for small pool, low-ish pressure pump?

otherchuck

Aug 27, 2012
Greetings!

My wife and I have a 6000 gal fiberglass pool, and for years have had nothing but trouble with our Pool Shark sweeper. We have replaced parts on 2 or 3 occasions, and we are not remotely interested in ordering a new Pool Shark product, so we are looking for a suitable alternative. The problem is that the pool shark only intermittently sweeps the bottom of the pool. We have a cover, so we don't see it 'at work' every day, but we strongly suspect it almost never moves. My wife (who is our pool maintenance technician...she drew the short straw for that job!) regularly spends hours tinkering with the pump pressure, and the skimmer/suction valve system (to direct an optimal amount of suction to the sweeper), and she can get it going for a while...but it soon stalls out as soon as we aren't watching. We have some kind of 'energy efficient' pump, and she wonders if maybe there might be a sweep system out there that is better suited to working with 'energy efficient' (lower pressure?) pump/pool paradigms. For the record, we believe we keep our pool filter as clean as humanly possible (as a clogged filter would impact the pump pressure/efficiency).

Thanks in advance for any help!

Otherchuck

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.