End of Slam questions?

Gary.B

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 10, 2015
Orlando FL
Hi Guy's 'n' Girls,

Just coming to the end of a 5 day Slam, OCLT last night/this morning was FC 0.5-1ppm and CC 0.5ppm, but water still very slightly 'opaque' ( 7am). Not quite as 'Sparkling' as I would like, so decided to continue for another day. Now @ 2pm water looks really clear and sparkling (finally), but will continue and check again over night with a full set of tests (TF100) in the morning.

Now the questions, I'm running out of time '"State side", :cool: three days left and still have my SWG to commision, Can I add my salt now whilst the FC is dropping? also how accurate will the CYA test be with the raised FC levels ( so I can adjust to the required for the SWG).

Thanks.

You can add salt whenever you think you're done backwashing the filter every few hours. While FC is dropping post-SLAM is an ideal time, because it needs to dissolve and mix for 24 hours before you turn on the SWG. The CYA test is unaffected by FC levels. Have you read about Diamond Day? Post 5

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.