Aqua Lab Rat stops "lurking"

Aqua Lab Rat

In The Industry
May 1, 2015
Anoka, MN
Hi from Minnesota.

After 5 years I've finally decided to quit being just a lurker. I had 15' and18' Intex pools for years and made lots of "textbook" newbie mistakes. You know the ones: Algae blooms from inadequate sanitation, followed by massive chemical additions I shouldn't have needed, and in some cases didn't need. My fill water turning orange when shocked, etc.

I started at a pool and spa related company 5.5 years ago as a temporary thing after 20 years in electronics and 2 years unemployed. I'm still at this "temporary" job and still trying to learn as much as I can. When researching something pool-related, one of my searches will always include "trouble free pool" as keywords because most likely someone here has already talked about it. Or if it is more complex there might be a "chem geek" chemistry lesson on it.

I am currently creating some highly animated PowerPoint presentations to educate the non-technical people I work with about issues & complexities of pool chemistry. The idea is to get them educated beyond the "goal post"/test strip approach and eliminate some mythology so prevalent in this industry.

BTW my avatar is my Halloween costume from work last year.

:handwave: