Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Solar with an Intex Pump 3000 GPH

1. Back To Top    #1

Solar with an Intex Pump 3000 GPH

I am installing a new 18' Intex Ultra Frame. I will be installing solar panels on my roof in the near future. The pump that comes with the pool I know would be inadequate to run the solar on my patio roof. I would like to keep things simple by ugrading to the Intex Sand Filter / Pump 3000 GPH (Pump Flow Rate: 3,000 gph (11.3 m3/hr). System Flow Rate: 2,450 gph (9.2 m3/hr) Powerful Motor (.95 HP)) However I want to ensure that this pump will work with the Solar System.

Planning on using 1 1/2" or 2" PVC Pipe (Whichever would be preferred)
    Pool to Patio Roof about 15' (Horizonal Pipe Run)
    from Ground to top of Patio Roof 10' (Vertical Pipe Run)
    The Panels (Not Purchased Yet) 6 panels 2x12 with 2" OD Headers

Would the Intex Pump work or would I need to look at other Pump / Filter options and if so recommendations please ... I am not very knowledgable on pumps and head loss ...

Thanks
    Tim
    Tim Jacobsen Lodi Ca.
    18'x48" Intex Ultra Frame (5700 Gallons)
    TF 100 Test Kit, Speedstir, & Sample Sizer. Liquidator Installed.
    Hayward C550 Cartridge Filter (55 Sq. Ft.), 1HP Powerflo LX Pump, Pool Rover Jr.
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...uild-Questions

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Solar with an Intex Pump 3000 GPH

It may not be optimal, but will probably work ok, those Intex GPH ratings are a bit optimistic and at no head lift.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

Is that the biggest pump available from intex? I would get the biggest one they have.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

It is the largest pump available that I could find. I would like to have a good system so perhaps I need to look at another brand of pump and sand filter?
    Tim Jacobsen Lodi Ca.
    18'x48" Intex Ultra Frame (5700 Gallons)
    TF 100 Test Kit, Speedstir, & Sample Sizer. Liquidator Installed.
    Hayward C550 Cartridge Filter (55 Sq. Ft.), 1HP Powerflo LX Pump, Pool Rover Jr.
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...uild-Questions

5. Back To Top    #5

I don't have any specific recommendations. I have seen quite a hew people using Hayward pumps on Intex and AGP.

Also, here is a link to some Intex info.
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...l-Owners/page2
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach