Aeration question

They are aimed towards the right and only the one by the baja shelf is slightly up...but not too much turbulence. Thanks for the quick reply. So I guess the scheduling the spillover feature every night would not be smart at this point. Bummer, now that I got the spillway function working I wanted to have it running at night, but it sounds like I should only turn it on when we are out there.

Here's my current schedule:

M-F
9-11a high speed (spillway overflows)
11-3p low speed (spillway doesn't overflow)

Weekends
10-11a high speed (spillway overflows)
11-3p low speed (spillway doesn't overflow)

You typically want to run the spillway about one hour a day to insure good mixing of the pool water and spa water.

However your setup might be different, as the spillway should overflow when on low speed (as long as it is turned on). Also, there isn't normally any reason to run at high speed, unless you are using the spa, or have a pool cleaner powered by the main pump.

Thanks, guys.

Spillway definitely does not spillover during low speed. Not even a trickle. That's why I have it set to come on in the morning on high to move the water from the spa to the pool. Of course this could be a PB misconfiguration like the spillover feature was. I always wondered the same thing...since low speed should be putting water to the same returns (the valves don't switch). My logic was that since the spa was elevated above the pump and the pool is below the pump water would flow the path of least resistance, so low wasn't enough power to push the water up the spa returns but was enough to go to the pool (I confirmed all pool returns worked on low). That being said, I do like the fact that I have the ability to run on low without having the spillway flowing given this is a new pool (four month now) and I am now only using a gallon of HCL every 2-3 weeks.

When I put the suction side cleaner on, I just put it on high manually since I don't leave the cleaner in the pool all the time.

There are different ways to plumb things. The most common approach is that when in spillover mode the suction is 100% from the pool and the return is 100% to the spa. That will spillover even at very low pump speeds. But there are other ways things can be setup.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.