Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 2 out of 3 ain't bad!!??

1. Back To Top    #1

2 out of 3 ain't bad!!??

Hello all, I've been using your site for the last 3 yrs. and this is the 2nd year of opening/closing myself. I want to say thank you to all admin. and site contributors. I opened my pool 4 days ago to a clear blue pool which was a wonderful feeling, ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430485243.514976.jpgespecially after friends pictures of a swampy mess!! My question is after using the slam method, I wanted to see if the process is complete so point 1. Pool crystal clear 2. CC is 0
    3. Overnight FC test is the one in question.
    My cya was 70 so shock level was 28 I turned SWG off at night, but I didn't look at weather report we got rain, so I tested in am and FC dropped by 3 and cc is still 0. Could the drop be from rain and if so is 2 out of 3 bad??
    Thanks in advance
    Victor

IG, steel walled vinyl liner, approx. 18000 gal. swg ( Hayward salt system), gas heated, with 250 lb sand filter and 1.5 horse pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 2 out of 3 ain't bad!!??

That means you are not quite done, but are very close. There was some organic debris, which used up some of the chlorine overnight. Make sure you brush the entire pool today, and do the overnight test again tonight and the odds are very good that you will pass tonight.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Do I need to bring it back to shock level again or let it ride out where it is? You don't think the rain caused the drop?

IG, steel walled vinyl liner, approx. 18000 gal. swg ( Hayward salt system), gas heated, with 250 lb sand filter and 1.5 horse pump.

4. Back To Top    #4

I would leave FC alone this morning/afternoon, and then raise the FC level back up this evening before starting tonights overnight test.

There is some chance that the rain had something to do with it, though usually it would not. Typically ordinary rain has no noticeable affect, but high winds and thunderstorms do tend to blow in debris and thus lower FC a bit.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks will do!

6. Back To Top    #6

Feel free to......"Use"......us anytime you like!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!