Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: stairs permanently in concrete!

1. Back To Top    #1

stairs permanently in concrete!

Cant do much with a winter cover until these are removed. Suggestions on the removal of these steps?

In-ground fiberglass hybrid (25K gal), Raypak Natural Gas, Hayward S-244S Sand filter, AquaRite SWG
    NE Indiana TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: stairs permanently in concrete!

Please copy and paste the IMG links into your thread, not the URL. Every time I click the link you provided I get a bunch of pop up ads. I was only able to see one pic, but the pic I saw did not look like staining, it looked like cool deck or some overlay was peeling up.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Perhaps a stupid question here? Are you sure they don't come out ??? It looks like a sleeve at the bottom of the rails. Use some force left to right to break the "seal" if you will.
    20X36 IG vinyl (18,000 gal), 3 sheer descents, Max-Flo 1.5hp VS 2300, Aquarite T15 SWG, C3030 filter, 250,000 BTU heater, Sharkvac XL (Hayward equip)

4. Back To Top    #4

Not a stupid question at all and maybe I am make an assumption here. I have tried to pull up by hand with no success. It doesnt seem to want to move at all. If you look at the top post in the picture it looks as though someone tried at one time (I just bought the house) and bent the rail
    In-ground fiberglass hybrid (25K gal), Raypak Natural Gas, Hayward S-244S Sand filter, AquaRite SWG

5. Back To Top    #5

From the picture it sure looks like sleeves are at the bottom of the two rails. How about spraying WD 40 or equivalent at the bottom of the rails going into what look like the sleeves ?
    20X36 IG vinyl (18,000 gal), 3 sheer descents, Max-Flo 1.5hp VS 2300, Aquarite T15 SWG, C3030 filter, 250,000 BTU heater, Sharkvac XL (Hayward equip)

6. Back To Top    #6

I will give it a shot! Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

How do you loosen the rails attached to the side wall?

7. Back To Top    #7

They usually just have rubber bumpers on the ends that wedge against the pool wall. "Free floating" if you will.