Sta-Rite Heater Aux-1 and Aux 2 create a "clicking" noise

Apr 30, 2015
hamburg
Have an inground pool with a spa. Sta-rite heater with in-house and a spa side controls. Opened pool for the season and everything looked fine. Sta-rite heater Aux-1 controls pool lights to pool and spa. Aux-2 controls spa blower. When I press the Aux-1 it lights up green on heater but nothing happens. Same as the Aux-2 button, green light comes on but nothing happens. I did replace GFCI on the side of breaker box but did not solve the problem. I noticed a "clicking" noise coming from the electrical box every time the Aux-1 and Aux-2 buttons are pressed. It seems to be coming from the relay switches in electrical box. Any thoughts? Any Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

You keep saying heater, but you must mean automation system.

The clicking is completely normal. I imagine that you must mean that the pool light and spa blower don't turn on.

The most likely possibility is that a circuit breaker has tripped somewhere. For anything more complex than that you will need to have a multi-meter and trace how far power gets and where there stops being power heading to the light and blower.

the blower breaker is shared 20 amp with the pump. The pump works fine. Also, I checked all the breakers, removed them and they seem to check out. Just stumped. Will trace the power but seem weird its both Aux 1 and 2. thanks for the input

You keep saying heater, but you must mean automation system.

The clicking is completely normal. I imagine that you must mean that the pool light and spa blower don't turn on.

The most likely possibility is that a circuit breaker has tripped somewhere. For anything more complex than that you will need to have a multi-meter and trace how far power gets and where there stops being power heading to the light and blower.

Ran a trace and the spa side control was the problem. The housing and conduit had water in it. Blew the water out of the line. Aux2 for the lights now works :) But Aux 1 that controls the silencer spa blower does not. Does the blower has a shutoff?

The blower would not normally have a separate shutoff, but it is conceivable that someone put one in.

The next thing to check would be to see if power is reaching the blower. If so, there is a problem with the blower it's self. If not the problem must be with something further back.

The blower does have power. How do you check to see if blower is bad? Or just assume that it is bad because it has power? No noise coming from blower. Does not do anything.
Also, what is another recommended replacement blower? It is a 1hp Silencer blower. Pool side spa is about 25 feet from equipment and spa is 7ft round with 6 jets. Thanks for all the help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.