Which new swgs :D

Aug 13, 2014
Jacksonville/Fl
I and trying to figure out which system to choose :( I have a 26,000 gallon pool active 8 months a year what are your suggestions I have listed the 2 I think would work for me ??

Pentair Intellichlor IC40

HAYWARD AQUARITE GOLDLINE AQUA RITE SALT
POOL SYSTEM AND T-CELL-15 40K CELL

the 2 KRYSTAL CLEAR SALTWATER SYSTEM CG-28663 will keep up in the winter but not when the pool get busy "I have 6 kids plus their friends"

We recommend sizing a SWG for 1.5-3 times the size of your pool. So, those 2 are about the minimum size you should get. Honestly I would suggest you look for one of the 60k sizes (which Hayward / Pentair do not offer). I can not remember who does offer them off hand though.

Oh, so Pentair does have a bigger one. Their replacement cells are more expensive and you do not get as much control over the output if you do not have their automation. I think there are "better" options.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Circupool gets some good feedback and they got some bigger cells.

With no experience with either ... yes, I think the circupool are a better value :D

Here is some older comparisons: http://discountsaltpool.com/Salt-System-Comparison.php

The SI-60 appears to output a LOT more chlorine than the IC60 ... in fact you may only need the SI-45. And I had read they often have sales going on with a free upgrade. You can find some discussions if you search the forum.

Yes, Pentair does have the IC60. Just for the record, I am very happy with my Pentair IC40. It seems very robust, it stays clean without me cleaning it, it seems to be the only, or few, SWGs that will make chlorine even if you put too much salt in your pool. All, or most, of the rest require a water drain. 3+ years and going strong.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.