Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Which new swgs :D

1. Back To Top    #1

Which new swgs :D

I and trying to figure out which system to choose I have a 26,000 gallon pool active 8 months a year what are your suggestions I have listed the 2 I think would work for me ??

Pentair Intellichlor IC40

HAYWARD AQUARITE GOLDLINE AQUA RITE SALT
    POOL SYSTEM AND T-CELL-15 40K CELL

the 2 KRYSTAL CLEAR SALTWATER SYSTEM CG-28663 will keep up in the winter but not when the pool get busy "I have 6 kids plus their friends"
    18 x 32 Hydrazzo
    Pentair Wisperflo WFE-3
    Hayward Pro Series 24 sand filter feeding a Hayward C1200 Star Clear Plus Filter
    Circupool RJ60 Salt system

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Which new swgs :D

We recommend sizing a SWG for 1.5-3 times the size of your pool. So, those 2 are about the minimum size you should get. Honestly I would suggest you look for one of the 60k sizes (which Hayward / Pentair do not offer). I can not remember who does offer them off hand though.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I agree I thought about the I60 but wasn't sure if it was just a over driven i40?
    18 x 32 Hydrazzo
    Pentair Wisperflo WFE-3
    Hayward Pro Series 24 sand filter feeding a Hayward C1200 Star Clear Plus Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Oh, so Pentair does have a bigger one. Their replacement cells are more expensive and you do not get as much control over the output if you do not have their automation. I think there are "better" options.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Circupool gets some good feedback and they got some bigger cells.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

5. Back To Top    #5

so you would recommend the CircuPool Si60 over the IntelliChlor IC60
    18 x 32 Hydrazzo
    Pentair Wisperflo WFE-3

6. Back To Top    #6

With no experience with either ... yes, I think the circupool are a better value

Here is some older comparisons: http://discountsaltpool.com/Salt-System-Comparison.php

The SI-60 appears to output a LOT more chlorine than the IC60 ... in fact you may only need the SI-45. And I had read they often have sales going on with a free upgrade. You can find some discussions if you search the forum.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

7. Back To Top    #7

Yes, Pentair does have the IC60. Just for the record, I am very happy with my Pentair IC40. It seems very robust, it stays clean without me cleaning it, it seems to be the only, or few, SWGs that will make chlorine even if you put too much salt in your pool. All, or most, of the rest require a water drain. 3+ years and going strong.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

8. Back To Top    #8

I've been using the Circupool RJ30 (now the SJ series) for the past 3 years, and love it. I think they are offering a free upgrade to the next size up at the moment. The RJ I have replaced a Zodiac swg.
    10.5K IG gunnite pool with micro-pebble finish in Caribbean blue with Baja step. Haywood main filter with Perry's Pool Pump 1hp motor. Jandy CL-340 cartridge filter. Circupool RJ30 SWG system. TF100 test kit with Speedstir. Floating beer cooler.