Hose bibb replacement on filter assembly

ds1241

Apr 30, 2015
oviedo, fl
I have a Hayward filter with a hose drain bibb at the bottom. It's leaking and needs to be replaced. When I try to unscrew it from the housing the handle hits the base and prevents removal. Is there some trick? I cannot imagine I need to take the handle off to remove it and the same on the new one to install?

Thanks. This is the Hayward filter assembly that installed brand new with the pool. It is hard to get at so I anticipate that trying to remove the handle off of the bibb will be nothing but a problem. It's so old that half of the handle broke off when I treid to close it tighter to stop the leak.

Well, then the builder must have added that valve. Maybe you will have to just break off the other half. There is no need to install a hose bib in that location. Usually it is just a plug. Although the valve allows you to direct the water when you drain the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.