Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Baracuda Zodiac 1500 seems to continually take the same path around the pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Baracuda Zodiac 1500 seems to continually take the same path around the pool

It's too cold here in Ohio to get in and vacuum the pool so far and I've been pretty busy as well. I put the Zodiac 1500 in and watched it for a while. It seems to take the same path over and over instead of covering the whole pool. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong or ideas to fix this? Anyone else run into this problem?
    27' Round X 54" Aqua Leader Sentinelle AGP, Vinyl J hook liner. 18,500 gal.
    Waterway 19" oval sand filter, US Motors EZBN25 1.0 hp 1.5 SPL Pump, BBB (Empty Aqua Smarte System connected, may use during vacation), Barracuda Zodiac 1500,
    Taylor FAS-DPD K-2006 Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Baracuda Zodiac 1500 seems to continually take the same path around the pool

I was wondering too.
    16 x 28 Doughboy Mystic Garden AGP with 7' deep end (used expandable vinyl liner) ~11,800 gals. Deep end main drain. Thru-the-wall skimmer, one return at deep end. Media Master 150# sand filter. Doughboy PowerPak II pump, 1 hp. Pentair MinimaxCH 150m natural gas heater. Polaris 65 when it feels like working . TF-100 test kit. No longer 'pool stored' 5 years and counting. In sunny but fickle metro-Detroit.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Baracuda Zodiac 1500 seems to continually take the same path around the pool

A strong current may be influencing its movement. Try changing the direction of your return jet.