Instant salinity variability

ned8377

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 30, 2015
Wake Forest, NC
Aqua Rite T-15 which may be close to 5+ years old but not sure since just bought the house 2 years ago. The pool, however, was put in in late 2009.

Just opened pool and have added salt to bring to proper level according to what pool store told me was needed and from doing my own tests. Added 5 bags and salt is now approx 3200 from my test. Pool has run for 24 hours. When starting Aqua Rite, instant salinity will sometimes start out at say -7000 and then end up at about -3100 or -2900 and stay their until it cycles off during the 2 hour cycle. Then, it will be at -0 until the 2 hour cycle starts over and it cuts back on. When it cuts back on and other times, when I cut it on, it may start out at say -4500 or -5000 and run down to about -1900 and stay there without moving up or adjusting for the actual salt in the pool. I realize there can be bodies of water coming through the cell that my have less salt than other parts and that the instant salinity is variable. My question is why doesn't the instant salinity move up from -1900? If I cut it off and back on it will usually show a much higher instant salinity. I've noticed when it ends up at say -2900 it will move up to say -3000. It never moves up or budges at all when it goes real low like -1500. The water is cold at around 63 degrees and I have read the thread about how the SWG won't work under 50 degrees and doesn't work well between 50 to about 70 degrees and how many people just use bleach/chlorine until the water reaches 70 degrees.

Any help would be appreciated. Is the salt detection part of the cell just bad or what?

Thanks!

What are the first 4 numbers on the actual cell (bar code) ?? Should be something like 3E10. If we use this example 3E10, it lets us know that the cell has a 3 year warranty and a manufacturers date of 2010, 10 being the year.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

We have seen a few posts recently about the SWG acting funny with water that cold. Just use bleach to maintain the FC until the water warms up a bit more.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.