Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Concrete Counters - Anyone do a 3" thickness or more?

1. Back To Top    #1

Concrete Counters - Anyone do a 3" thickness or more?

In my mind planning again and am now 95% sure I'm going with concrete. I think most people do a 2" concrete counter but wouldn't a 3" rough rock edge look cool? Only thing burning my butt right now is that with my current specs, I'm am going to need 10 friggin' sticks of the form to do the raised bar all the way around. Would probably look like poop to pour that in sections to save a couple of hundred on the forms... guess I could always resell them to recoup some moulah...
    25K gal FF; QuartzScapes Barbados Blue; ColorLogic LEDs, ProLogic PS-8, AquaPod, AquaConnect, (3) WhisperFlo 2.5HP pumps, 1HP blower, 3/4HP cleaner pump; Pentair CC 520 cartridge filter; MasterTemp 400 propane, Rainbow 320; UltraPure UV/Ozone; Polaris 280; 7' raised spa by rock waterside; (soon) 62" fire pit, (soon) ODK; 60x40 screen enclosure
    Build - here.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Concrete Counters - Anyone do a 3" thickness or more?

Just make the edge 1'' wider ,like they do on granite they glue a 1'' strip to make the edge look like 2" thick

3. Back To Top    #3

Makes sense...
    25K gal FF; QuartzScapes Barbados Blue; ColorLogic LEDs, ProLogic PS-8, AquaPod, AquaConnect, (3) WhisperFlo 2.5HP pumps, 1HP blower, 3/4HP cleaner pump; Pentair CC 520 cartridge filter; MasterTemp 400 propane, Rainbow 320; UltraPure UV/Ozone; Polaris 280; 7' raised spa by rock waterside; (soon) 62" fire pit, (soon) ODK; 60x40 screen enclosure
    Build - here.

4. Back To Top    #4

I did 1.5" thick. 3" might be a little big. That's a lot of weight too.
    ~Paul
    19x40 IG including 10' BE, 18,000 gal, plaster, 48 SF DE, 1.5HP pump, AquaPure SWCG, Ozonejoe 30MR, Rockwaterfall, LED light, TF-100 Fill date 11/21/2014
    My ODK Build | My Pool Build | If You're From Texas Vote Here