Picking Stonescape pool color

Mar 12, 2015
Escondido, CA
We are into week 13 of our pool construction. Our landscape contractor is now installing the travertine pool deck, next is the Stonescape mini pebble finish. I am trying to decide between the Stonescapes Mini pebble Tropic's Blue and the mini pebble Midnight blue. Any thoughts on my color choices? We have a seat wall with water falls that is stacked stone and a large baja shelve with bubblers. I noticed some people make the baja shelf a lighter color like sand. Does anyone have either of these finishes and is one easier to care for than the other? Thank you for any input.

I'm a fan of the lighter colors by preference. Color makes no difference in terms of care, but darker ones to to show more mottling and streaking upon installation. How much of that you get depends on the quality of the installer, but this is the general rule. The sand colored beach entry is a popular choice, but again my taste preference is have a lighter pool finish that would contrast less with the sandy beach entry. Only you can decide what you prefer, but to me, lighter colors mimick natural conditions better. The onky right answer is the color you like the most. Good luck on your completion!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.