Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Picking Stonescape pool color

1. Back To Top    #1

Picking Stonescape pool color

We are into week 13 of our pool construction. Our landscape contractor is now installing the travertine pool deck, next is the Stonescape mini pebble finish. I am trying to decide between the Stonescapes Mini pebble Tropic's Blue and the mini pebble Midnight blue. Any thoughts on my color choices? We have a seat wall with water falls that is stacked stone and a large baja shelve with bubblers. I noticed some people make the baja shelf a lighter color like sand. Does anyone have either of these finishes and is one easier to care for than the other? Thank you for any input.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Picking Stonescape pool color

I'm a fan of the lighter colors by preference. Color makes no difference in terms of care, but darker ones to to show more mottling and streaking upon installation. How much of that you get depends on the quality of the installer, but this is the general rule. The sand colored beach entry is a popular choice, but again my taste preference is have a lighter pool finish that would contrast less with the sandy beach entry. Only you can decide what you prefer, but to me, lighter colors mimick natural conditions better. The onky right answer is the color you like the most. Good luck on your completion!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

We have the stonescapes midnight blue and we love it. Everyone that comes over compliments the color.
    As you can see in the picture, the baja shelf show up much lighter due to the shallow water.

16'x32' 15,000 gal, 7'x7' Raised Spa, Coverstar Autocover, Stonescapes Mini Pebble - Midnight Blue, Intellichlor IC40, Pentair Mastertemp 400BTU NG Heater, Pentair 420 Sf Cartridge filter, Intelliflow VS+, Dolphin Z5, TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

Stonescape Topics Blue (sun vs shade). We love ours...

More at:
    http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Th33nforcer/library/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ----
    15' x 29' 10,300 gal w/ spa, IG-Plaster (Stonescapes Tropics Blue), 2spd WhisperFlo pump (1.5hp WFDS-26), Pentair Clean and Clear CC200 cartridge filter, Pentair MasterTemp 300BTU heater, Clear o3, RS-8 iAqualink

5. Back To Top    #5

Darn! They both look nice. It's hard to decide. Thank you for sharing.

6. Back To Top    #6

We have settled on the Midnight blue. We get a lot of sun in our yard and want a contrast color with all the light travertine and stone. Hopefully it will be installed on Monday and water on Tuesday. I can't wait!!!