Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Do I really need to lower my TA?

1. Back To Top    #1

Do I really need to lower my TA?

PoolPals:

So much great information here. Just getting ready for the season.

Pool is clear. Today's testing:

Salt: 3300
    FC 5.5
    CC 0
    CYA 80
    CH 300
    TA 120
    PH 7.6

Now, on the SWG page in the forum it recommends TA to be 60-80. But it looks like a pain to get it down. Do I really hafta? What would be the downside of keeping things how they are?
    18,000 gallon in ground pool built 2008, PebbleSheen surface, Aquapure salt system, Jandy 580 filter, Polaris sweep with booster pump, 2 stage filter pump, Suntopia solar heat; Marquis 630 ultimate spa, 2008, 390 gallons, built in ozonator, Saltron Mini Salt Water chlorine Generator for spa

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Do I really need to lower my TA?

If your PH is stable, there is no reason to lower TA. I suspect your PH will tend to go up annoyingly quickly. If so, the solution is to lower TA.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Do I really need to lower my TA?

That could be. Most years it hovers around 7.8, which is apparently typical for a SWG pool. My pool has PebbleSheen, which is supposed to help stabilize apparently. Wonder if that is true...
    18,000 gallon in ground pool built 2008, PebbleSheen surface, Aquapure salt system, Jandy 580 filter, Polaris sweep with booster pump, 2 stage filter pump, Suntopia solar heat; Marquis 630 ultimate spa, 2008, 390 gallons, built in ozonator, Saltron Mini Salt Water chlorine Generator for spa