Salt level not increasing after 4 bags of salt?

trickyr11

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 29, 2012
North Carolina
Opened my pool about 7 weeks ago. Salt level was very low( off scale) added 2 bags from Walmart. Level came up to 2500 ppm. Have added 2 more bags since and still says 2500? Wondering if my cell is bad? The "inspect cell " light keeps coming on. I hold the button down to reset it but still comes on after a day or two. I would think there should be enough salt by now. I have had the generator for 4 years now and still the original cell. Time to change cell?

I always get the low salt warning until my water is over 60 degrees. I test with the Taylor kit to be sure.

I am not even sure if my SWG (compupool) makes chlorine when it says that??? Have to call them.

That is why I usually wait until mid to late May to open.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always get the low salt warning until my water is over 60 degrees. I test with the Taylor kit to be sure.

I am not even sure if my SWG (compupool) makes chlorine when it says that??? Have to call them.

That is why I usually wait until mid to late May to open.

I had the problem that my Aqua-rite was generating only for 20-25 minutes with water temps at 60 degf today and then salt level was dropping fast to 0 .Now with 65 degf it is generating for the last 5 hrs and going on...

I had the problem that my Aqua-rite was generating only for 20-25 minutes with water temps at 60 degf today and then salt level was dropping fast to 0 .Now with 65 degf it is generating for the last 5 hrs and going on...
The Goldline units automatically limit the production rate to 20% (24 min) when temperature goes below 60F and then shut off at 50F.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Maybe this is a silly suggestion but.....have you tried turning it off and then on again? My son the computer wiz (works for big tech co starting with G) says that a lot of technology like phones and such need that now and then. <shrug> Maybe worth trying?

Ok finally have some info. Was waiting on my Plumber to install a shut off valve in the return line. Took out the old cell. Was dirty. Clean with acid and water mix. Came clean. Put it back in and with in 10 min check salt and inspect cell lights on. Changed out the cell with a new t-15 and all is good now 24 hrs later. Salt Level is reading 3600. Was down to 1900 with old cell. No warning lights. Old cell was a t-9 and 4 years old. Had to run it about 50-70 % most of the hot part of summer. Went with a bit larger cell this time. Thanks for the feedback. Don't take it personally but hope I'm not posting in the future! Love this site!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.