First a little bit of history. Purchased house in December, knew nothing about pools and did not have time on my plate to manage it (pool was not being used, weather was cold, water was sparkling clear). Prior to discovering this site, used test strips and pool store testing. At some points during this 2 month period the FC level may have been near zero. After adopting the TFP method I raised CYA from 40 to 70, and FC from 3 to 5, and pH from 8+ to 7.4. The results from this morning are as follows:
Salt 3100ppm (measured by SWG)
My questions + comments:
1. Ph tends to rise over time. I had it lowered to 7.4 two weeks ago
2. Will lowering TA to 80 help maintain Ph better?
3. Thinking about adding say 8-12oz of Cyanuric Acid weekly (determined over time) to keep Ph in check vs trying to lower Ph and TA and then raising Ph to desired range
4. Wife discovered dead rodent in skimmer this morning (may have been there 1-3 days), we have also found a dead bunny before, plus frogs. Do I need to shock the pool the test results being where they are ?
5. Pool looks clear & clean to the eye
6. Running pump 4 hours during the day and 2 hours at night. SWG is at 70%
Any advice / recommendations appreciated as always