Electrical Control New Install- Possibly a Jandy System

Apr 29, 2015
Wheatfield, IN
Installing a 18k gallon fiberglass pool, already bought the Jandy Flow Pro 2.0HP pump, JXI Heater and Filter. Looking for Power Center distribution but only want to spend a resonable amount plus I am no electrician but have hired a Licensed one for the install he is just not a pool guy so I am trying to piece a system together for him to install. The only thing I know is I will tie into my main house service-

In talking with Jandy they have confused me some, they have stated I will need a

6613AP- Power Center - They say it has room for 12 breakers but none are supplied? Has Salt Automation

They then said I would need a RS-P4 which is the control system - What is this for?????

And lastly the Salt Cell - which makes sense

Really confused on what the Rs-P4 does? why I need?

Any help

Thanks

The RS-P4 is an automation system. Jandy doesn't sell boxes that hold circuit breakers except as part of an automation system.

If you only need a breaker panel to hold circuit breakers, you can get that from an electrical supply store or most big box hardware stores.

Breaker panels never come with circuit breakers (except sometimes they have a main breaker). Circuit breakers are always purchased separately.

I don't feel or think I need the automation system. But I am not for sure ?? I do need a breaker panel to provide power to the pump, heater, salt and the light but not sure why I need automation. The pump and heater have separate controls that can be programmed.

Nobody NEEDS automation, however there is a convenient factor, and super cool factor. No different then lighting automation in a home.
Automation is great for turn valves, controlling lights and the heater and pumps. Yes you can program them at the equipment, but if you R in your house or on the road, and want to turn it on, you can. Where if it's not set to turn on, and you want it, (without automation) you have to go to the pad and turn it on... Money vs lazy vs coolness...
Do you need it ? No.
All else, if you have a lic electrician, he should be able to explain all to you and give you different options and costs

I don't feel or think I need the automation system. But I am not for sure ?? I do need a breaker panel to provide power to the pump, heater, salt and the light but not sure why I need automation. The pump and heater have separate controls that can be programmed.

That is all correct. The only thing we chose to automate is the solar panels because I can't be there all the time to open and close the valve every time the sun comes out. The rest is wired to the breaker box and controlled by me from the control panel on the device. Same for the valves for waterfall/returns and skimmer/main drain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.