Steel Steps with liner in entryway

Sep 17, 2014
Nazareth PA
HI

I am new to this forum. We are due to get our pool at the end of May. We'll have a rectangular, 18x36 liner in-ground pool. We are considering using steel steps as the entryway steps with the liner over top the steel. We are looking to do like a sun deck entryway- see attached. I was wondering if anyone has done something similar? Or does anyone have opinion or guidance on thoughts whether this is a smart choice or not. My concern is it might be slippery or it might look unsightly with using a liner over steel. IDK. Any opinions or experience with this would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• steps_steel.jpg
    steps_steel.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 32
We have vinyl over our steel steps. No sun-deck as pictured though.
Mine looks good to me, better than having the white fiberglass steps. We've been happy with it.
We have a foam pad (like carpet padding) under the vinyl so it makes for a softer spot to sit. Its where everybody hangs out at anyways.

I'd say yes it is somewhat slippery. We will warn guests or young kids to just be careful. If you do the sundeck and steps though make sure they brace or reinforce under it enough so you can try to avoid any springy steps or flexing when on it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.