Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Steel Steps with liner in entryway

1. Back To Top    #1
    Nazareth PA

Steel Steps with liner in entryway

I am new to this forum. We are due to get our pool at the end of May. We'll have a rectangular, 18x36 liner in-ground pool. We are considering using steel steps as the entryway steps with the liner over top the steel. We are looking to do like a sun deck entryway- see attached. I was wondering if anyone has done something similar? Or does anyone have opinion or guidance on thoughts whether this is a smart choice or not. My concern is it might be slippery or it might look unsightly with using a liner over steel. IDK. Any opinions or experience with this would be greatly appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Cary, NC (Raleigh)

Re: Steel Steps with liner in entryway

We have vinyl over our steel steps. No sun-deck as pictured though.
    Mine looks good to me, better than having the white fiberglass steps. We've been happy with it.
    We have a foam pad (like carpet padding) under the vinyl so it makes for a softer spot to sit. Its where everybody hangs out at anyways.

I'd say yes it is somewhat slippery. We will warn guests or young kids to just be careful. If you do the sundeck and steps though make sure they brace or reinforce under it enough so you can try to avoid any springy steps or flexing when on it.
    18x30 Freeform In-ground Vinyl Lined. 11,500 gallons.
    4 returns, 2 skimmers, 2 main drains.
    Hayward TriStar 1hp 2-Speed Pump. Hayward S244T Filter.Hayward Goldline Panel + SWG.
    Polaris 280 cleaner. AquaComfort 75k BTU Heatpump